Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Advantages of Back Surgery






Since dh had back surgery in April, I have had to put on my handyman belt and believe me it does not fit:) I have replaced a belt, sensor and motor in a laser machine. I have climbed up in the attic to adjust the a/c something or other when it was 90 degrees outside. I have replaced a thermo coupling on the water heater, don't even know if I spelled that right, much less what is was.Not to worry I was very closely supervised:) T has taken over trash duties, plus helping me carry out the handyman duties. This Saturday T & I started out to trim the hedges in the front yard. Of course we had to have a lot of supervision,using a hedge trimmer. At one point I thought of another use for the hedge trimmer other than trimming hedges! Then our supervisor decided we had some tree branches that needed to come down. Not only did we trim trees in the front yard but our supervisor had us progress to the back yard. Once all the trimming was done in 100 plus degree heat we had to load them in the truck and haul the branches to the recycling center, AND unload them there, all the while being carefully supervised:)The tree we trimmed in the back yard is now going to be removed...sure glad we worked so hard on that stupid tree.We did get a lot done and the song I am Woman certainly stuck in our minds all day Saturday! Only 4 more months of this.

3 comments:

ScrapAddict said...

Oh man........sorry to hear that belt doesn't fit so well. Sounds like yiu are under expert supervision...I bet you make master carpenter/handyman in no time. Hang in there!!!!

Janet said...

A good boss is priceless. A silent worker is worth gold!

Keep up the good work, you three!

Catherine said...

I wonder if he's in cahoots with the Dr. and negotiated the time off??