Friday, February 01, 2008

Altered Cookbook




I reorganized how I keep my receipes and this was a very old receipe book,complete with divider tabs. I covered the book with BG Recess paper, 7 Gyp. gaffer tape, rubons, QK scallop dies and lots of ink. I tried using HS copper clock rub-on but of course they didn't rubon, but I left what little went on on. I used the tab dividers as a pattern to cut out of chipboard, and there were 12 so perfect for this album. I plan to take a few of our favorite pictures each month and put them on the dividers. I am only using embellies that I have, going through the stash.At the end of the year I will have an album of our favorite pictures of 2008. Regarding the HS copper clocks rub-ons, they are horrible, what a waste of money! I emailed the company but got the response I expected...nothing.On a happy note, my friend gave me the new BG rubon tool...love that new tool.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I have ordered the rub on tool so good deal. I also have a package of those clocks that I haven't opened....:(

Melanie said...

I've heard so much about that rubon tool. I love the papers and flourishes and things you've used for this. Very cool!