Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Neighbors vs. No Neighbors

We have lived both ways. We used to live in the Hill Country on 20 acres our nearest neighbors were miles away. That lifestyle had great advantages, great views, quiet, with only the animals for noise.We moved and I was so glad to be back to everything being just a short drive and nice friendly neighbors to visit with. Where we live now certainly has a culture mix, which is to be expected these days. We do have wonderful neighbors that make living here super. Now comes the bad part. We live on a hill that allows us to see in our nieghbors backyard (of course they can see in ours too but we lead a dull life). All of our neighbors have dogs, so do we, but our dogs do not bark in chorus with all the other dogs. I understand barking is a normal dog thing but one neighbor has a big dog that barks at everything and at any time of the day or night. It has become very annoying to hear that woof! We called animal control and the owner came over to talk to us. He was very nice and hopefully that problem is solved. The next problem, 2 neighbors have teenagers that huddle on their back porches and smoke pot and whatever other drug of their choice is. That annoys and upsets me to see 4 to 6 kids home alone at various times of the day doing their "thing". Sitting in my sb room I can see them puffing away, then out our family room window we can see the other group puffing away. I still love living in a neighborhood but I don't enjoy seeing these actions 2 to 3 times a week from each neighbors children. Where are the parents?

3 comments:

Catherine said...

That's MY biggest question....WHERE ARE THE PARENTS????
These are the biggest reasons we live further out, but we still have dogs in the area that bark.

fever team said...

My goodness! That is awful.

I too have lived way out in the country and in town. You are right, there are advantages to both but dogs seem to be a factor no matter what!

Melanie said...

Wow, I would be wondering that too! BTW, it could be worse, my mom lives in a suburban neighborhood with small lots, and they used to have a rooster crowing at daybreak every day!