Thursday, August 28, 2008

Annoying Phone Call

My dh was surfing the net a few nights ago and filled out a form for some additional information. Within a few minutes they called and said the information was free but it would cost something for shipping and handling. He said "no thanks and don't call again".Well, this opened a big huge can of worms. His cell has been ringing every 10-30 minutes until about 9 at night. The call is coming from New Jersey but you can't call it back. When they call, they don't talk if he answers. This is so annoying! Sprint can't block calls. The Attorney Generals office in Texas gave us numbers for the AG in New Jersey but they are closed by now. In the past 2 hours they have called 15 times. Lesson learned.....don't ever put your correct phone number on a inquiry, let them email you. We will see how long this goes one:(

5 comments:

ScrapAddict said...

That's horrible! I've had a similiar issue with a company contracted by Home Depot. I filled out a questionarrie about some remodeling. These people called, they can't help me...even told me so, but won't stop calling....Hope it works out!

Karen Lambert said...

How terrible. I know that is soooo annoying. Hope it stops soon. I will definitely learn from your experience. my new online phone number is 555 555 5555. LOL

Catherine said...

Don't you hate it when they do that? I'm liking the 555 555 5555 idea...

Lily said...

man, what a nightmare. We had a similar situation only someone was filling out those forms in my husbands name at hundreds of sites. We got 20-30 calls a day for months...what a nightmare. it finally tapered off

Melanie said...

Oh my goodness! I hope you find a way to stop those calls!