Friday, August 22, 2008

The End of a Decade plus

I am sure everyone remembers how they started scrapping. I started in 1996, we had a restaurant with a large banquet center. Our event coordinator had booked a "crop" of about 75 CM ladies. I had no clue what a "crop" was or who CM was. When the event was going on I stopped by and was totally fascinated by these women with pictures, putting them in scrapbooks,and having so much fun! A few weeks later a scrapbook store opened just a few minutes from our restaurant,and I had to check it out. I was in heaven along with a store full of other customers. We called it the "butt bumping" store, it was so small you couldn't bend over without bumping into someone else. A new life had been born. Stickers, patterned paper, punches, deco scissors, what more could you want! Scrapbook Fever quickly became part of my weekly, if not daily routine. I shopped and loved that store! I remember there was a big oak tree in front of the store and a grocery store a few doors down. I could shop for scrapbook supplies and groceries in one stop.
The end of this 10 year plus era is happening this month. This store has weathered, at one time 5 other scrapbook stores,plus A's in the vicinity. I have been lucky enough to make many wonderful friends through Scrapbook Fever over the years. I was also fortunate enough to have taught many classes there and Lorrie was even nice enough to let me work there part time last year. It is sad to see Scrapbook Fever close but I know we all have wonderful memories and great friendships that are very special! In the days to come when we get together we will have some fun memories and "remember whens" to talk about. We will miss the Fever.

3 comments:

fever team said...

Thanks for the memories Pam. It has been an adventure that I would not trade, but must come to an end. I very much appreciate your contributions as a customer, an employee, an instructor, a vendor and a friend.

Catherine said...

I'm sorry the store is closing....it seems like there are lots of LSS's having trouble.

ScrapAddict said...

Yes, the Fever will be sorely missed. I've made many wonderful friends too & plan on keeping up with them.